Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes. Using these tools, develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects. Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Propose new risk indicators for senior staff/management approval and implementation. Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design basic to moderately complex test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Prior quantitative and finance training, including stress testing (CCAR/DFAST) knowledge.
- Understanding modeling concepts around econometric equations, and model performance.
- Ability to provide insights from the analysis and communicate these to senior management.
- Ability to communicate with the modelling team (PhD researchers) regarding model limitations, issues, or potential enhancements.
- Advance Knowledge of Finance, Statistics or Mathematics.
- Advance knowledge of statistical analysis tools, in particular SAS as well as scripting language (UNIX shell scripts) and databases (Oracle/SQL Server).
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.