Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Apply your software development expertise to implement financial models for corporate accounting and corporate forecast use. Gain exposure to model research and model use to provide senior management the results to set corporate direction.
Develop and maintain advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools and components. These tools and components are part of quantitatively intense application systems that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects. Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Redefine and implement the components of new risk indicators. Consult with the business owners, design and implement an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative discipline preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Require an advanced understanding of numerical and statistical techniques
- At least 4 years experience in software engineering using Object Oriented languages such as Java, C , and/or Python.
- Familiarity with a statistical analysis tool such as SAS, R, and/or Matlab preferred.
- Experience in Agile software development methods such as Scrum preferred.
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX scripting required. VB scripting in Excel a plus.
- Experience with Clearcase, SVN (Subversion), Clearquest, Eclipse.
- Strong knowledge of relational Databases/Oracle required.
- Proficient in coding advanced modeling concepts and mathematical equations.
- Experience with sophisticated models (financial or scientific) and data analysis is preferred.
- Experience with compute-intensive analytics and technical computing work
- Must be a self-starter and motivate to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities.
- Proactive, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills. Must be able to define problem space as well as potential solutions.
- Must be able to work independently and create own work plans to follow-up and accomplish large, unstructured tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially a background in risk management, is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.