Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes. Using these tools, develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Under the supervision of supervisor, develop and implement all components of financial models, cash flow simulations, P&L and risk metrics calculations in end-user or production computing systems for use in business decisions, financial and regulatory reporting, and risk management.
- Translate complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code, with minimal supervision.
- Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
- Design and execute modeling application systems via distributed computing both on premise and on external cloud.
- Assess model implementation quality and production control risk, with minimal supervision.
- Execute model application runs, process/validate model outputs, and produce/review quantitative reports for business use.
- Evaluate system requirements for model and analytical applications such as computing power, storage, network, and security, and recommend technology platforms and architecture designs for model applications to ensure robust and scalable execution.
- Monitor emerging technologies and industry best practices of model and analytical system implementation.
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner both verbally and in writing.
- Work and collaborate effectively, as part of a team and across organizational lines.
- Provide technical guidance or coaching to more junior staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Experiences with implementation, development, or validation of financial models, analytical calculation and software simulation
- Experiences with software development processes (e.g., Waterfall, Agile), software testing practices and tools, or system production operations
- Experiences with multiple programming languages, data analysis tools, and computing platforms such as SAS, C , Java, R, Python, UNIX scripts, Matlab, VBA, Cloud, SQL, Excel etc.
- Experiences with working across groups and business units that require excellent inter-personal communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, especially the ability to juggle multiple projects in a team environment
- Knowledge of general mortgage business and risk management principles
- Post-graduate degrees
- Professional certificates (FRM, PRM, CFA etc.)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.