Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Apply your software development and team management expertise to implement financial models for corporate accounting and corporate forecast use. Gain exposure to model research and model use to provide senior management the results to set corporate direction.
Lead a team of talented software developers and financial engineers to develop and maintain advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools and components. These tools and components are part of quantitatively intense application systems that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Ensure applications are of highest quality for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
The individual will work with Multifamily customers to understand their business needs and develop financial application frameworks, prototypes and technical solutions, and work with the modeling and analytics teams across Fannie Mae to deliver technical solutions that meet/exceed the business needs of the fast changing Multifamily business. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead a technical team to build and maintain innovative technical solutions to support Multifamily Business and Multifamily Loss Forecasting using Credit Risk models and pricing framework.
- Oversee architectural design for large scale financial modeling application, ensuring the implementation aligns with corporate standards.
- Keep track of latest industry trends and best practices and ensure the software stays up-to-date and maintain technical excellence.
- Work in a dynamic environment with emphasis on continuous learning and focus on innovative ideas and teamwork.
- Communicate results/recommendations to business leaders in a clear, actionable, and engaging way.
- Investigate, propose, and implement new technologies to enhance our analytics capabilities.
- Keep up with the market insights into the mortgage business and credit risk transfer and incorporate new changes in the systems to support new initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance to staff. Serve as technical lead on projects or assign other unit staff to projects to develop more refined analytical applications used by Multifamily business, Multifamily Forecasting and Enterprise Risk.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master's degree preferred .
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Technical
- 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative discipline. Master's degree preferred .
- Require an advanced understanding of numerical and statistical techniques
- At least 7 years experience in software engineering using Object Oriented languages such as Java, C , and/or Python.
- Familiarity with a statistical analysis tool such as SAS, R, and/or Matlab preferred.
- Experience in Agile software development methods such as Scrum preferred.
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX scripting required.
- Knowledge of relational Databases/Oracle required.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) technologies such as Tableau, Microstrategy, or Spotify is a plus.
- Proficient in coding advanced modeling concepts and mathematical equations.
- Experience with sophisticated models (financial or scientific) and data analysis is preferred.
- Experience with compute-intensive analytics and technical computing workload solutions.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team with a diverse set of skills
- Must be a self-starter and motivate to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player mentality
- Ability to thrive in a fast changing environment
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.