Job Location: United States : New York : New York
MetLife Foundation is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join a small, global team of grant makers disbursing about $40Million per year. While the Foundation is focused on increasing financial inclusion of low and moderate income people around the world, about one-third of the giving includes other community, education, cultural and/or health grants. The focus of this position is on financial inclusion, though support to the overall program is expected.
- Grant making. Working under the direction of a unit AVP, participate in the implementation of the global financial inclusion grant making strategy. Interfacing with grant recipients to develop concepts in line with the strategic vision, and providing the administrative support to ensure that grants are processed and managed in a timely manner. Conducting financial inclusion sector research to understand our distinctive grant-making as well as performing due diligence on potential grant partners will be required by this position. Work with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., relevant nonprofits, social enterprises, peer foundations, MetLife corporate leaders, and MetLife country associates) to identify opportunities, develop and implement programs and address potential risks. The Contributions Consultant will support both smaller grant partnerships and multi-year and global grants.
- Metrics and Evaluation. The position will play a key role to ensure that the results and impacts of the grant making are collected and evaluated throughout the year. Working with the unit AVP and other team members, the Contributions Consultant will prepare reports and progress updates towards key performance indicators to enable the Foundation team to better manage the grant making portfolio, as well as demonstrate our efforts to the Foundation leadership and Board. This may include creating and maintaining databases and spreadsheets that track unit activities and preparing presentations to communicate outcomes.
- Communications and content management. The Contributions Consultant will support the unit AVP and other staff to ensure that Foundation-related materials are well-written, clear and concise. Editing and/or consolidation of grantee progress reports, grant deliverables (from blogs to white papers) will be shared among the Foundation team, and to broader MetLife stakeholders. The Contributions Consultant will prepare presentations, organize events and meetings, coordinating activities with Communications functions and providing general administrative and program support on other department and Foundation activities that may arise.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in community and/or international development, contributions and corporate social responsibility sectors. Financial inclusion experiences a plus.
- Ability to manage against measurable, specific results and targets.
- Experience working with nonprofit institutions; Global grant making experience a plus.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Very organized with a strong ability to get things done quickly and efficiently.
- Highly proficient in Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Relevant academic background.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 46021