As a Financial Institutions Tax Manager, you will be called upon to deliver professional tax services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. This will involve performing management activities on engagements, and will require the ability to manage numerous projects independently. You will be developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, and performing detailed tasks on engagements while delegating and supervising others.
- Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities.
- Preparation and review of client tax calculations.
- Reviewing tax returns, extensions and estimate tax payments.
- Reviewing and understanding client tax accrual positions and deferred income tax accounting.
- Management of client tax relationships.
- Supervising and developing staff.
- Must have the ability to manage client relationships, multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client engagements as well as serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
A successful candidate will possess:
- BS in Accounting required
- Five (5) plus years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend
- CPA required
- Strong experience with corporate tax accounting, ASC 740 (FAS 109) is a must
- Financial institutions experience not required but preferred
- Mergers & acquisitions experience is a plus
- Proven engagement and staff management skills
- Ability to manage and grow strong client relationships
- Experience with tax technology a plus
- Possess effective writing, communication and tax research skills
- One Source tax provision software experience a plus
- Knowledge of Subchapter C and consolidated returns required
- Multi-state experience is a plus
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
EOE Company Overview
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.