Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
As part of the CFO GTO team, the Lead of Financial KPIs and Insights will be responsible for developing and implementing operational metrics that tie directly to financial performance. In addition to the successful development, implementation and instrumentation of these Business Performance metrics, this individual will play a key role in helping to tie BLUE book (Operations Performance) measures to BLACK book (P/L performance) by providing real time / forecast visibility into day to day operations with relevant financial insight and recommendations. Key to success is the ability to partner with and engage BU leaders across Global Technology & Operations, identify key financial and operational indicators/levers for their particular business, and implement these indicators with aggressive but achievable goals. Incumbent will need to be collaborative in nature to ensure successful adoption is achieved, but have a hands-on mindset to get into the details and formulate fact-based insights.
- Apply benchmarks / conduct market analysis of industry to establish benchmark comparisons for key set of identified KPI’s and leverage these benchmarks into targets/goals
- Develop, implement and deploy a global set of KPI’s and metrics that accurately articulate business performance for past, present and forecasted future business. KPI’s need to tie day to day operational performance back into financial P/L Management
- Metrics to cascade from global roll ups through all levels of MetLife’s hierarchy
- Gold data sources to be identified and used for metric instrumentation
- KPI measures along with tools, methodologies, and procedures to be shared with business partners and agreed upon prior to implementation
- Development of targets for each KPI and deployment of targets to appropriate accountable level within given organization
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly production of KPIs along with future state automation to be driven from within this team
- Strong linkages to the Unit Cost Office to ensure cost reductions are measured thru KPI processes
- 10+ years of experience, specifically in financial services and/or business strategy and operations required.
- MBA/MS Highly desired, Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education preferred.
- Proven track record driving cross-organizational and functional strategic initiatives and executive-level stakeholders
- Strong record of success in development and implementation of global metrics that tie directly to the levers that impact P/L performance.
- Strong acumen in business models, processes, finance, and technology (i.e., core business applications).
- Ability to manage consensus at various levels and cultivate strategic internal relationships across highly matrix-ed organization, while holding people accountable
- Show business maturity, have strong presence and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with defining and querying data from multiple tables and source systems, as well as synthesize data analysis into clear concise communications and/or data visualizations
CFO – GTO
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.