The Financial Markets Industry Client Leader has responsibility to drive the overall IBM client relationship and is accountable to grow revenue via the full-suite of IBM offerings, with a focus on IBM Cognitive Industry Solutions, delivered on IBM Cloud Platforms. Will advance thought leadership and IBM Financial Markets Industry eminence.
This individual is not a structural executive managing people; he or she is a seasoned industry executive and subject matter expert capable of driving large, complex deals based on industry value. He or she is comfortable with C suite executives, and leading IBMers through collaborative influence and respect for industry expertise rather than direct reporting responsibility.
The role will lead the development of the overall account plan with primary responsibility for identifying and prioritizing opportunities and developing client-valued solutions involving multiple brands and elements. The role involves opportunity identification, working with the extended IBM team to close transactional sales for all IBM brands (hardware, software, services) leveraging IBM's Cognitive and Cloud solutions, and leading the combined sales teams in efforts that drive revenue and maintain high client satisfaction.
1. Demonstrate high level of business acumen and apply a thorough understanding of the client's culture, business, organization, strategy and financial position
2. Develop and execute client relationship plan
3. Lead cross brand IBM Team to achieve/exceed assigned revenue and other measurement objectives
3. Collaborate across IBM Business Units, leveraging other subject matter experts as needed to deliver maximum client value
4. Build relationships with senior client executives, earning a reputation as one of the client's trusted advisers
5. Understand IBM business and brand strategies and how these translate into solutions which address client needs. Facilitate helping the brand team get transactional business done
6. Will advance IBM's industry eminence via thought leadership
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of success in sales and be a strong collaborator, having demonstrated the ability to work across organizational lines to unite others to "get it done now." Must have the energy and passion to lead and grown this important client for IBM. He or she will have experience presenting and selling to C-level Financial Services executives. This person must be able to uncover opportunities, competitively position the IBM solution, and sell & close the deal.
5 or more years experience in senior level Financial Services Sales or Client roles with a proven track record of success
5 or more years experience with a top tier professional services firm (preferred)
Skilled in consultative selling, with a deep understanding of the Financial Services industry
FSS thought leader with a thorough understanding of the industry, trends, and our competitors
Proven sales track record and demonstrated proficiency in developing FSS client relationships
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Able to travel as needed
This position is located in the NY or NJ.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.