Proofreading high-profile, high-priority, confidential information in an extremely fast-paced environment (meeting tight deadlines without sacrificing quality). Ensuring proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and style. Requires incredible attention to detail, ability to use standard proofreaders’ marks, and excellent knowledge of grammar and style.
Secondary function: Managing the proofreading queue, coordinating work flow, and organizing archived markups
- The ability to effectively balance the usage of House style vs. The Chicago Manual of Style vs. project-specific style sheets/guides (as warranted)
- Create the shift-turnover briefing (in Excel template)
- Brief the next shift (in person; strong verbal skills)
- Manage queue
- Proof/QC work
- Regular communications/interactions with clients (in person, phone, e-mail)
- Scan/e-mail documents
- Archive tasks
- Basic knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Proofread pitch books, screen shows, Flash animation, advertising materials, brochures, posters, menus, etc.
- Double-check that authors have provided all required materials/files
- Resolve queries directly with project manager and/or client (e.g. style/text/usage inconsistencies)
- Correct misspellings and grammatical errors
- Create project-specific style sheets (as warranted)