The Senior Financial Reporting Associate as part of the Finance Shared Service (FSS) group will be primarily responsible for supporting and implementing the accounting needed for products sold within the Life, Annuities and Retirement Businesses which includes:
- Working on new product releases and other business initiatives to assist in implementing STAT and GAAP policyholder accounting.
- Participating in project team meetings for new releases to ensure objectives are met.
- Testing accounting transactions that will be programmed in the administration system to ensure correct STAT and GAAP reporting.
- Updating relevant documentation to support the accounting from the administration systems, reinsurance accounting and other procedures as they relate to the new releases.
- Reviewing policyholder accounting control output and resolving system accounting issues identified.
- Supporting other (FSS) teams and Annuity Finance in researching and resolving issues related to policyholder accounting.
- Providing internal and external audit support on policyholder accounting.
- Various adhoc requests as needed.
The successful candidate will also work closely, develop relationships with, and become a trusted business advisor within the different FSS groups and to our business partners in Annuity Finance, Actuarial, Corporate Accounting, Operations, Separate Accounts Operations, and Product.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.