As part of the Corporate Controllers Department and the CFO Organization of PFI, the Finance Shared Services (FSS) organization is responsible for the controllership activities in support of the U.S. business units including the International activities performed domestically. The Accounting & Analysis team is a multi-site team co-located in Hartford and Newark supporting monthly, quarterly and annual close processes covering GAAP and STAT, including reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and income statement drivers such as product accounting, actuarial drivers, reinsurance and intercompany. The team provides subject matter expertise around accounting and GL structures to our business and corporate partners on new initiatives, strategies or accounting requirements.
The primary responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Specialist role are as follows:
- Execute timely and accurate completion of general ledger close responsibilities in support of Retirement business
- Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Support management and business partners with analysis
- Identify, research and resolve notable variances and unreconciled items
- Collaborate with Business Unit Finance areas, Corporate areas and other internal business partners on accounting and reporting matters
- Develop, maintain and share applicable analysis with business partners and across FSS
- Provide internal and external audit support
- Support project initiatives as assigned
- Seek out and develop process improvements
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.