The Prudential International Insurance (PII) Investment Finance Team which is part of the CFO organization is responsible for the following:
- Analysis and reporting of actual results for investments and investment related activities within the International Insurance Division working closely with our international operations mainly Japan.
- Development of key financial reporting metrics to be used in management decision making, financial disclosure reporting, investor relations materials, and GAAP supplemental reporting.
- Clarification and analysis of new and developing investment accounting treatment and coordination on application of new accounting principles/policies
- Working closely with the International Portfolio Management Group, including providing finance and accounting expertise related to potential investment initiatives
- Oversight, including financial reporting, for Prudential International Insurance Service Company (PIISC), which holds many of the derivative exposures used to hedge risks generated in our Foreign Business operations.
The unit supports the Investment related financial reporting for insurance operations outside the U.S., including Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Italy, Poland and India.
This position will be responsible for supporting the reporting function (including accounting) related to the PII Investment portfolios and will require heavy coordination with ALM Finance, Accounting Policy, Enterprise Valuation Group, the Foreign Operations, PII Regional Finance team, Tax and Treasurers. The responsibilities for the role include:
- Coordinate with Corporate Accounting Policy and foreign operations on new investment initiatives and application of new accounting principles/policies
- Assist with the production and analysis of quarterly results review packages for Senior Management
- Prepare and review quarterly GAAP Investment Supplemental submissions from all local operations
- Act as a key contact and business partner for the local operations on investment accounting and finance related questions and issues
- Preparation of quarterly Investor Relation questions and responses and Earnings Preparation Packages for the Chief Financial Officer
- Support non-coupon investment accounting initiatives and new fund structures
- Coordinate with Enterprise Valuation Group and Japan finance team to oversee valuation process of investment assets
- Handle various ad-hoc requests (Includes Investment Portfolio Analysis and Audit requests)
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting / finance;
- CPA, CFA preferred or in progress, but not required
- Minimum 2-5 years of Financial related experience
- Written and verbal proficiency in Japanese a plus
- Deep understanding of financial statements and investment accounting principles and policies; insurance accounting experience a plus
- Proficient analysis and organization skills; close attention to detail is required
- Strong Excel Skills required
- Familiarity with Accounting systems (Oracle, EFDW, PAM, PASS)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary
- Highly motivated, team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from varied countries/cultures
- Overtime required during peak periods
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.