PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements, and significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets, and Insurance.
Our Risk & Regulatory consultants help clients understand and address their enterprise risk and regulatory profile. This high performing team advises clients on the overall management and performance of their business, with a focus in compliance management, business continuity, risk and governance, and treasury management.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Years of Experience: 8
Minimum Degree Required: Advanced degree in Economics (Masters or PhD) or a combination of an advanced Statistics degree with an undergraduate or Graduate degree in Finance / Economics
Demonstrates proven thought-leader knowledge levels of, and/or success in a role managing and leveraging functional knowledge of, managing and executing data analytics projects within the Financial Services sector, including banking industry, consulting, or government regulatory positions, which includes an intimate understanding of the following areas:
- Financial and/or econometric modeling focus;
- Consumer and/or commercial credit risk models, mortgage prepayment models, stress testing models, and/or complex discounted cash flow models
- along with the business processes in which they are embedded;
- Techniques for analysis of complex financial services data, including programming and computational techniques for large data sets and quantitative analysis; and
- Statistical techniques for analyzing financial data, including, linear regression analyses, logistic regressions, time series analyses, and survival analyses.
Demonstrates proven intimate abilities and success as a Director of engagements and project teams, which include the following areas:
- Utilizing advanced statistical/econometric modeling techniques, complex Excel-based spreadsheet models, and SAS programming skills, especially Stata, R, or SQL;
- Leading and managing business development opportunities and/or engagements from pre-sale and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff;
- Developing strategy; as well as writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management within applicable analytic domains and modelers;
- Engaging with and support executives in a decision process that is strengthened by analytics, leading teams or stakeholders through the analytic process in a business-setting and translating analytic insight into business value and ongoing management capabilities; and,
- Leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.