Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, is seeking analytical and motivated undergraduate students for our Summer 2017 Undergraduate Internship program. As a Summer 2017 Intern, you will work within one of our business units, performing meaningful and substantive tasks, while gaining work experience in a cutting edge financial services company.
Opportunities may be available in a variety of teams, including Fund Administration, Institutional Investor Services, Insurance, and Mutual Funds.
Your internship experience may include the opportunity to gain experience with some of the following activities, on behalf of our clients, and their investments:
State Street's Summer 2017 Internship in Kansas City, MO starts on Monday, June 5, 2017 and runs through Friday, August 11, 2017. Summer Interns work 40 hours per week.
- Process cash and trade activity
- Calculate expense and income accruals
- Process, track and report on cash movement
- Process wires, capstock and/or corporate actions
- Generate daily fund/product performance reports
- Monitor the client dashboard
- Calculate the Net Asset Value (NAV)
- Produce and verify financial statements
As an Intern, you must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as you will be in a collaborative, team-oriented environment where professional cooperation is a leading factor of success.
We are seeking individuals with a strong internal drive and motivation - self-starters who are deadline-driven and highly proficient at multitasking.
Furthermore, we are seeking individuals who will emulate our organization's professionalism, as confidentiality, competence and general maturity is essential when handling our clients' business.
Additional requirements of the Internship include:
- Currently enrolled in and pursuing an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or a related major.
- Minimum 6 hours of satisfactorily completed college accounting, finance, and/or business coursework.
- GPA minimum of 2.75 or better based on a 4.0 scale
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft Applications)
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong aptitude for accuracy and detail orientation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, and within a daily deadline oriented environment
- Experience performing financial reconciliations, working with general ledger postings, and with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets preferred (experience can be work or school based)
- Work experience in a business environment a plus
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 142939
Kansas City, MO
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.