Teams within the Warehouse-delivered Route to Market, inclusive of the following Juice/Juice Drinks, Tea and Value Added Dairy brands: Minute Maid, Simply, Gold Peak, Honest Kids, suja, ZICO, fairlife and Odwalla. This role will be a key member the Warehouse Central Area and Kroger Sales teams and will report directly to the Financial Services Manager II, Central Area.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Aged Trial Balance (ATB), the associated risk of deduction write-off and serves as the primary point of contact for our Retail Brokers in the area of deduction processes and management. The Financial Services Manager (FSM I) serves as the conduit between Brokers, Field Sales, and HQ.
The associate in this role will provide reporting on ATB and deduction write-off metrics and lead meetings with the Broker, Field Sales, and HQ personnel to ensure that customer deductions are being actively actioned and cleared in compliance with Company policy and GAAP, while providing recommendations on the appropriate handling of unusual claims. Ensure customer behavior is being monitored such that our trade funds are being spent on approved activities and are supported by contracts with adequate proof of performance. Position requires experience with ATB management and knowledge of deduction management systems and processes, along with the ability to prepare and review operating budgets, variance analysis, reconciliations, etc., and familiarity with GAAP and internal controls policy. Strong communication and analytical skills, and a high degree of professionalism are also required.
Key duties include:
- Manage ATB and write-offs including broker training, follow-up, root cause analysis, and cash on account review to ensure successful achievement of all financial targets
- Facilitate/Liaison deduction resolution with cross-functional teams (ie. Distribution, Tax, ARP, Customer Reimbursement and Deductions Analysis, Broker, Field Sales)
- Identify, analyze, and report on variances vs. plan for financial management metrics. Lead communication of financial management results to Area/Customer team(s).
- Ensure invalid deductions are addressed and efforts are taken to seek customer repayment and ensure that it is properly applied
- Assist with analysis of OPEX spending variances, with ability to recognize key trends and leading indicators and make recommendations to Area Vice Presidents.
- Identify, research, and make recommendations for resolution of data integrity issues. Ensure all accounting entries and authorizations are in compliance with Company Accounting Policy and GAAP.
- Ensure that Broker partners maintain an effective internal control environment and are operating in accordance with Company policy thru participation on periodic hub audits
- Documenting, monitoring and improving processes as needed to efficiently and effectively complete assigned tasks
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the CCR Warehouse Sales Finance and CCR Warehouse Sales management teams.
Bachelor degree required Experience
Required - 3-5 years of experience in Sales Finance, Deduction or Trade management, or similar areas of focus. CPG industry experience, a plus. Technical Skills:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office applications skills required (Excel, Access & PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, account reconciliations and familiarity with the chart of accounts
- Experience with SAP, R&R, Imany and Optimizer/Evaluator a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in Financial Analysis, including: spreadsheet creation, variance research and explanation, walk-forward analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Cross-Functional groups on complex issues to successful resolution
- Demonstration of being a self-starting and utilizing resources efficiently
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES IN MS WORD OR PDF FORMAT
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.