Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
The team is located in an agile open space and uses physical and virtual tools to collaborate and manage their work. The secret to success is our people and culture. We enjoy building quality products, crafting an amazing user experience, and having lots of fun in the process.
The team is collocated in both Southbury CT and Armonk NY with other new professional hires and experienced IT analysts and developers. Individuals will work between the two locations. No remote opportunities exist.
Who you are:
You will be part of a team supporting the IBM Finance Systems Tax process. A key component of how we work is using Agile Practices and IBM Design Thinking to drive customer success, delivers holistic product experiences, and tackles new and exciting challenges related to Application and System development and integration. We're looking for enthusiastic full stack developers to help us build and maintain a Tax information portal where we will integrate our global tax information and data, provide interactive user experience and establish a base for tax analytics reporting.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop and maintain new features.
- Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership.
- Collaborate with others.
- Actively participate in the Agile development process.
- Propose new ideas.
- Relentless focus on quality.
- Maintain a fun, inclusive and creative work environment.
How we'll help you grow:
IBM is on the leading edge offering exposure to and use of cloud-based and cognitive technologies and the opportunity for technical growth.
- Experience in application development and/or integration - 1+ years
- 2+ years' experience in the following:
- Java, J2EE
- Object Oriented Java Programming and design applications using common design patterns - Web Services
- Proven problem solving experience
- 1+ year experience in the following:
- Test Automation
- ETL (data extract, transform and load)
- SQL or similar
- Relational Database
- IBM Watson (some understanding of is a nice to have)
- Bluemix/Cloud Computing - (some understanding of is a good to have)
- Tax Vendor Packages and/or Tax reporting (nice to have)
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Discover what you can do at IBM.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.