Financial Systems IT Project Manager
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate IT Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to
our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN to work as a Financial Systems IT Project Manager
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area. Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Issue Management - Maintains a cross-functional project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan.
- Scope Management - Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer), and tracks the status of project deliverables. Uses a Value Package Profile (VPP) or other appropriate scope-defining document, and manages change. Manages the connections between multiple levels of scope detail in related additional documents (e.g. Tech Profiles or equivalent documents).
- Schedule Management - Develops and maintains a cross-functional schedule. Proficient at one or more schedule management tools. Knows the right level of detail needed to use the tool effectively.
- Resource Plan Management - Develops and manages a cross-functional resource plan for a project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively.
- Stakeholder Management And Communication - Identifies, engages and manages stakeholders on a project or groups of projects. Overcomes obstacles and resistance among stakeholders. Effectively stratifies stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit the unique needs of each type of stakeholder.
- Business Planning/Strategy - Familiar with tools for financial analysis and its relevance. Knows when, where, and how to get assistance.
- Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the more detailed hand-offs between functional areas on a project, and knows the detailed work of at least one functional area.
- Project Risk Management - Leads teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary, and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk.
College, university, or equivalent degree required. Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
- Responsible to work with production support team and ensure that project and production documentation is complete.
- Monitor, measures and communicate with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects, assignments, change management changes and production support issues.
- Assist and monitors department budget (SW Maintenance PO, Invoices, Receiving), etc.
- Oversee and provide input into the design and development of project plans and timelines
- Work with production support team, review SLA compliance; manage Change Requests and monitor closely the remedy queue.
- Accountable for getting and reviewing the weekly report on CM, Incident and Work Order tickets.
- Responsible for measuring and reviewing development and support work.
- Periodically review SLA and support from external vendors supporting Externally hosted applications.
- Assist with periodic reviews and evaluate how current systems and applications are meeting the needs of the company or organization. (backups, server patching, reboots, etc).
- Responsible for reviewing and enforcing information technology policy and standards
- Assist to ensure quality control, security, and knowledge assurance (SOP) by working with production support team and operation support groups (Architect, GIS, Client SW certification, etc).
- Primary reviewer for Quarterly SOX controls reports for assigned applications.
- Ensure adherence to IT processes, policies and procedures. Special emphasis on promoting use of Business Analysis Functional Excellence practices.
- Provide weekly project report in timely manner when applicable.
- 5 - 7 years experience in Oracle technologies (RDBMS, EBS) and Business Analysis desired
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.