Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
- Exposure Management for Morgan Stanley
- Proactively explore tactical and strategic solutions to close identified control gaps, working with other groups as appropriate. Ensures existence of mitigating controls.
- Maintain a clear focus on enhancing control and continuously improving and reducing operational risks.
- Troubleshoot problems arising on an ad-hoc basis and react to BU and Client driven demands.
- Work with multiple units in operations, BU and technology on projects and initiatives.
- Strong team working skills with supervisory and line trade processing experience.
- Process Tri-party and bilateral funding forecasting and funding.
- Liaise closely with both BRM, TSY and Cash Management around funding obligations and discrepancies.
- Ensuring the efficient and timely processing of the Equity and FID financing book including recalls, substitutions, restrictions, pledging, exposure management and projections of future requirements and book breakdown.
- To advise the BRM on the freedoms/limitations of collateral management in Tri-Party, including the ability of Tri-Party to enforce stipulations applicable to a bilateral trade.
- To become a contact for BRM operations for other interacting areas including Trading, Sales, Finance, IT and supporting teams such as settlements and client service functions.
- Position reconciliation between Agent and Morgan Stanley.
- Provide daily financing projection to the business unit.
- Collate and distribute key metric data to stakeholders such as collateral schedules and haircuts.
- Collate and distribute collateral availability to Bank Resource Management.
- Ensure the timely processing of cash movements between Morgan Stanley, its clients and agents.
- Provide funding projections to cash management and BRM to ensure correct funding across Morgan Stanley's bank accounts.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Escalation Awareness; ability to assess risk and exposure issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with external clients to enhance the client experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.