DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Finish Operator I positions, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction is the Joint Reconstruction business offering orthopaedic devices, solutions and supplies for hip, knee and extremity reconstruction, in addition to cement and operating room products.
The Finish Operator I will be responsible for:
- Performing operations as described by Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Working closely with other manufacturing support areas to coordinate activities.
- Maintaining equipment in proper working order.
- Maintaining individual training records.
- Cleaning and sterilizing equipment.
- Following safety procedures and practices.
- Maintaining a clean orderly work environment.
- Communicating problems to supervisor, technician or engineer.
- Properly completing manufacturing documentation.
- Operating machinery.
- Disposing of hazardous materials appropriately.
- Interacting with computer controlled equipment and processes.
- Conducting quality inspection of work in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Assisting in maintaining supplies needed for production area.
- Writing/revising process documentation as needed.
- Assisting in tracking inventory and samples.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The schedules for these positions will be (3rd shift) Sunday-Thursday 10 PM to 6 AM. Training may be conducted on a different shift for a period of 2 to 4 weeks, depending on skill level. Qualifications
- A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 year of Optimal Cleanline and/or Inspection experience is required.
- Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through Lean process changes preferred.
- Work experience in shipping preferred.
- General inspection experience preferred.
- Basic mechanical skills preferred.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric tolerance dimensions preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment is required.
- The ability to communicate effectively (read, write and speak) in English is required.
- Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and work with decimals, required.
- The ability to perform and record measurements using dial indicators, depth micrometers, verniers and gauges is required.
- The ability to stand and/or walk more than 80% of the time is required.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds unaided is required.
- Must be able to work 3rd Shift with the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required by business needs.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function