Job Description: HIRING EVENT -- December 15 th 1PM -7PM (By Appointment)
At Johnson Controls, we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people all over the world. How do we do this? By working together on holistic solutions for smarter buildings and cities today and tomorrow. By protecting people and the environment. By giving back in the communities we live in. By solving today's challenges while constantly asking 'what's next.' So, what's next in your future? Join us for our one day hiring event on December 15 th and create your next opportunity with us. Fire Alarm and Life Safety Systems Assistant Installer (Seattle, WA) Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications:Who we are looking for:
- Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand simple construction blueprints and diagrams to assist in installation activities.
- Use a variety of hand tools and power tools to assist with the installation of pipe, valves, and devices as directed by the field installers.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell's work. Wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes.
- Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
- Complete and submit time reports and other documents as required.
- May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
- The Assistant Installer will also delver materials part time.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Rewards and benefits:
- Carry/move equipment and tools weighing between 50-70 pounds.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment, including crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.