Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
JCI, SimplexGrinnell is the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Design Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. About the role
The basic function of a Project Systems Specialist III
is to design fire alarm systems for SimplexGrinnell projects:
Rewards and benefits
- Provides stamped approval of drawings, if licence or certification allows. Organizes and plans own workload, helps to direct workload of other design team members, and additionally works with other design teams when required.
- Acts as a design lead on large complex multi-faceted projects and directs other members of the design team supporting these projects.
- Facilitates reviews of initial designs of high complexity to provide value engineered/code compliant solutions where required.
- Coordinates with other design team members to prepare fully detailed technical submissions with complete detailed schematics and drawings to meet design criteria.
- Oversees CAD Support Technicians in the preparation of project submissions for high complexity systems including: system operation, drawings, and calculations.
- Completes detailed calculations to verify system design meets code and standard requirements.
- Maximizes project load by overseeing multiple CAD Support Technicians working on projects simultaneously.
- Participates in pre/post project design meetings and attends customer/site coordination meetings, as applicable.
- Develops bill of materials to facilitate construction.
- Examines completed submission in conjunction with CAD Support Technicians for equipment application, equipment compatibility, and compliance with specifications and scope.
- Contributes project support for project managers once orders have been received to assist in maintaining and/or improving Project margins.
- Reviews equipment application, researches outside purchases, and ensures equipment compatibility.
- Provides answers to questions from customers, contractors, and authorities, having jurisdiction, as they arise.
- Collaborates with the Project Manager during system commissioning to verify system performance against the design.
- Supports field technical staff and other design team members with technical support and design inquiries.
- Provides pre-sales estimate support to the sales and project management teams.
- Mentors and provides guidance to CAD Support Technicians in the completion of project deliverables.
- Performs the duties of a CAD person on assigned projects, as required, if a CAD person is not available to fulfill those duties.
- Directs, supports, and reviews work product provided by CAD Support Technicians.
- Monitors actual hours to ensure all time is properly coded to projects and are within originally estimated hours sold on the projects.
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
#external Who we're looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Drafting (AutoCad) preferred, Or equivalent field experience.
- Nicet Level III or above required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in design of Fire and Security systems.
- Demonstrated ability in drafting/CAD, computer skills estimating/pricing, and project management.
- Experience in Fire Alarm, Security, Nurse Call, CCTV and/or Construction Industry.
- Proficient in reading and understanding architectural and electrical diagrams
- Knowledge of multiple electronic building systems.
- Advanced understanding of mechanical systems and their interface to fire alarm systems.
- Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Adobe
- Effective written and oral communications.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale .
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.