What you will do
Fire Alarm Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. How you will do it
Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment.
Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy.
Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer.
Make minor repairs and programming changes with minimal supervision.
Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees.
Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned. What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems.
- Fire and /or Life Safety Systems experience required.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage .
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with using PCs including working knowledge of MS Excel / Word as well as iPhone apps.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
A Rhode Island license is required which can be either a BF, an AF, or an A or B Electrical License Who we are:
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.