At Johnson Controls, we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people all over the world. How do we do this? By working together on holistic solutions for smarter buildings and cities today and tomorrow. By protecting people and the environment. By giving back in the communities we live in. By solving today's challenges while constantly asking 'what's next.' So, what's next in your future? Fire Alarm Installer
As the leader in the fire protection and life safety industry, we've been keeping people and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Professionals on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact on your community.
About the role:
- The Primary function of this role is to program, configure, commission & test fire alarm, access control, nurse call, intrusion, sound, CCTV, and IP Video Systems.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Safely operate a company vehicle.
- Maintain Safety procedures, expectations and documentation at all times.
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience preferably in the Fire Alarm and/or Security industry or equivalent; knowledge of low voltage electrical systems.
- Ability to read construction plans and specs
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools to install boxes, wiring panels, digital dialers, devices, and other fire, sound or security peripheral equipment as directed and/or specified.
- Ability to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- Achieve NICET Level I certification within 12 months.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.