What you will do:
Install, program, configure, commission and service Fire Alarm as well as other related building system products at customer sites. Help to execute projects on time and within allocated installation hours. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals. Coordinate the installation activities with all trades to optimize installation time. Attend all required site meeting. Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction. Complete project documentation in a timely manner. Adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures. Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation. Perform other duties as assigned. What we look for: Required
- Two year Associate Degree in a technical field, such as electronics or electricity, or equivalent
- Must be able to solely and safely lift and move materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- An attention to detail and the ability to work independently is essential.
- Five years of maintenance experience and an electrical license.
- Excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Must have working knowledge of at least 2 major brands of fire control panels, factory training a plus. Experience may be obtained by progressing through internal service or ops positions or with companies where similar experience is acquired.
- Must be computer literate with Windows.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred.
- A valid driver's license with good driving record; and the ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes, and the ability to pass drug screen and employment background check required.
- Ability to communicate with various company personnel and co-workers in regards to work orders.
- Must pass pre-screening processes (background, drug, reference screening)
- Computer knowledge with networking and programming helpful.
- Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required.
- You must be able to lift equipment and tools up to 75 lbs. and be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Work overtime as required.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law .
If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .