Fire Alarm Network Programmer
SimplexGrinnell, a Tyco International company, is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States and Canada, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital - from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe. Job Description:
Job Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Install, service and program large complex fire alarm systems/networks..
- Diagnose and repair and/or replace damaged or broken wires, cables and faulty electrical components of fire alarm systems such as relays, switches, and control panels.
- Maintain and update drawings for as-built conditions, and daily documentation of programming progress and issues causing delays.
- Communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
- Work overtime as required.
- Must be able to solely and safely lift and move materials weighing up to 75 pounds and be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
- An attention to detail and the ability to work independently is essential.
- Computer literate-Windows Applications
- Knowledge of both conventional and addressable fire alarm systems.
- Must have working knowledge of at least 1 major brand of fire control panel and have good understanding of the logic required for programming.
- Must be computer literate with Windows.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred.
- Must possess excellent fire alarm system problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A valid driver's license with good driving record; and the ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes, and the ability to pass drug screen and employment background check required.
1. Five (5) years experience in installation and programming fire alarm.
2. Must pass pre-screening processes (background, drug, reference screening)
3. Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
4. Must Have a High School Diploma or GED
5. Active listening, team-building, communication, planning skills. Must possess self-control, initiative, patience, influence, and a positive attitude. Must be able to receive and give constructive criticism.
6. California State Fire Alarm Certificate required.
7. Nicet level I for Fire Alarm systems is a plus
8. Knowledge of other low voltage systems is a plus.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.