Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Fire Alarm Service Tech
About the role :
- Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
- Responsible to contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
- Service, troubleshoot, and install many different manufacturers' Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices, such as smart phones and laptop computers.
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications:
Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems which may include any of the following - Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- NICET Level II certification preferred
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.