Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Fire Alarm Service Technician
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. About the role:
Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- Service, troubleshoot and program Fire Alarm, CCTV and Card Access systems.
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Be timely in your attendance at work and for on-call duties
- Perform a wide variety of duties including attending training classes in and out of state when available.
- Backup other technicians willing to work overtime to provide same day service for overflow service calls.
- Real time dispatching and closing of service calls via laptop and IPhone.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory
- Effectively communicate with our customers and provide high quality service
- Perform other duties as directed
- 5 years field experience required
- Two years directly related experience servicing Simplex or Tyco Safety Products equipment is preferred
- Experience in the following systems: Access Control, Fire Alarm, Security, CCTV.
- Associates degree in Electronics or equivalent
- FASA/BASA certification current
- NICET II preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent phone skills and strong interaction with customers
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Must be able to pass level two background check
- Must be able to work on-call
- Must be able to travel out of state for training
- Must be available for overtime including weekends
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.