Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
About the role:
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
- Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers' Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as smart phones and laptop computers.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation and potential limited overnight travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to recognize upsell and lead generation opportunities based on site visits is required
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications:
Who we're looking for:
- 1 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Good Computer Skills, must be able to use an iphone and email.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Overnight travel may be required and ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.