Fire Alarm Service Technician IV What you will do
SimplexGrinnell Alarm Service Technicians Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions. Responsible to contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems. Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites. Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment. Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers' Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell. Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals. Exhibit superior customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction. Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as smart phones and laptop computers. Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment. Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation. Train and mentor junior members of service team. Perform other duties as assigned. What we look for Required:
- 6-8 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems , including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Fire Alarm License
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Completion of SimplexGrinnell Basic F\A, 4100ES & 4120 Network training.
Who we are
- NICET Level III certification preferred.
- Security, Nurse Call, and Card Access certifications preferred.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.