Fire Alarm Service Technician What you will do
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best. This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. How you will do it
What we look for Required
- Perform service activities on fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom systems.
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications.
- Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshooting potential field wiring problems.
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective method in restoring a specific system back to normal condition.
- Manage assigned Electronic Systems service calls in regards to field labor hours estimated.
- Prepare reports on daily activities.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Will be required to perform "on call" duty (24 hour) as part of a rotating schedule to respond to emergency situations.
- Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals.
- Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds. Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet. Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Must adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures.
- Complete mileage and monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner.
- Learn to maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customers need.
- Ensure that all assigned service calls are completed and have achieved 100% customer satisfaction.
- All work performed whenever possible should be reviewed with the customer.
- Complete Service Acknowledgment with proper coding through communicating devices and hardcopy.
- Obtain customer signature after completed service call.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to effectively work independently.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- The field technician will work in unusual and often difficult positions such as climbing ladders, working off of scaffolding and high lift equipment, working within ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings, etc. Must comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manuals.
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record is required.
- Drug test and Security and Background check is required.
Who we are
- 3-5 years' experience with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion and intercom systems preferred.
- Trade school, military, or Associates' degree in technical field, particularly electronics or computers
- NICET Level II certification in Fire Alarm
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.