What you will do
Installing and repairing low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of fire alarm and associated systems.
How you will do it
What we look for
- Availability to work alternative shifts, weekends, some out of town work to meet customer requirements, install fire alarm, CCTV, access control, security and communication systems.
- Job entails wiring new equipment according to blueprints, plan layout and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in facilities.
- Maintain and update schematics, drawings and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of changes.
- Applies judgment based on practice and precedence.
- Frequently resolves problems through the research of multiple alternatives.
- Must maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- May review project drawings to obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements.
- Will be required to participate in a scheduled after hours on-call rotation.
- Must adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- 2 - 4 years in low voltage installation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NFPA and NEC codes.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses required by National, State and Local codes.
- Boise, ID - Twin Falls, ID - Pocatello, ID - Idaho Falls, ID - La Grande, OR
NICET Certifications a plus.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.