Job Description: HIRING EVENT - December 15 th 1PM -7PM (By Appointment)
At Johnson Controls, we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people all over the world. How do we do this? By working together on holistic solutions for smarter buildings and cities today and tomorrow. By protecting people and the environment. By giving back in the communities we live in. By solving today's challenges while constantly asking 'what's next.' So, what's next in your future? Join us for our one day hiring event on December 15 th and create your next opportunity with us. Fire and Life Safety Inspector II - SimplexGrinnell - Seattle, WA About the role:
Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment. Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer. Make minor repairs and programming changes with minimal supervision. Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees. Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
Rewards and benefits
- 2-5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs Schematics and operational/product manuals. Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times. Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes. Achieve NICET Level II certification within 12 months.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler)
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. For an interview appointment time, please apply on our Career site and our Recruiting team member will contact you immediately. http://jobs.johnsoncontrols.com
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.