Job Description: Fire and Life Safety Systems Inspector III (Richardson, TX)
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. About the role:
Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment. Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer. Make minor repairs and programming changes to systems being inspected. Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees. Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned. Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. For Additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Job Qualifications: Who we are looking for:
- 2-5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Self starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- NICET Level II certification.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler)
Tyco's mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
• 80% of the world's top 200 retailers
• More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
• 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
• 300 international airports
• 100+ major stadiums around the world
• Most of the Fortune 500
• 50% of US universities
• Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at http://www.tyco.com/careers
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.