Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be proficient at performing inspections on SimplexGrinnell systems and competitive equipment product lines, fire suppression equipment, emergency lighting equipment, and all other assigned systems.
• Complete assigned inspections on time.
• Be proficient in making minor repairs and programming changes under direct, authorized supervision.
• Adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures.
• Be proficient on inputting, retrieving, and archiving inspection schedules and results via laptop computers.
• Submit all required task-related documentation and other documents as necessary in a timely manner.
• Ability to recognize and document deficiencies and recommend improvements identified during inspection process.
• May be required to work overtime, including weekends and holidays to respond to emergency situations.
• Help to train or mentor others on the inspection team.
• Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
• Instruct and train customers on functional operation of the equipment/system.
• Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 7-10 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
• Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
• Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and testing devices.
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
• NICET Level II certification.
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
• Proficient in the use and application of personal computers including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Overnight travel may be required.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Ability to lead & work well with team members.
• Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Possess a valid driver's license, and acceptable driving record.
• Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
• Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.