Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Fire and Life Safety Systems Installer - SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and program fire alarm, access control, nurse call, intrusion, sound, CCTV, and IP Video Systems.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Willing to be part of an on-call rotation and work flexible hours as required.
- Safely operate a company vehicle.
Who we're looking for:
- Two years' experience in the Fire Alarm and/or Security industry, Associate's degree or equivalent technical experience and training.
- Strong technical skills coupled with the ability and willingness to learn new systems and processes.
- Familiar with PCs and business applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Clean driving record
- Hold NICET I fire protection certification or agree to work toward certification.
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 40 lbs., ability to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Available to work after hours and on call as needed.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.