Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
A SimplexGrinnell Technician is a troubleshooter and service expert. Alleviates concerns the customer may have regarding a security & Fire Alarm system. Advises customers and the Project Manager of the status of the systems and processes of installation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring.
• Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
• Read blueprints, building and electrical plans in order to complete equipment installs for CCTV, Fire Alarm and Access Control Systems.
• Coordinate inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
• Performs installations & programming of security, close circuit television, Access Control and fire alarm systems based on NFPA, Local codes and contract requirements.
• Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service connectivity.
• Complete all forms accurately such as the NFPA 72, SimplexGrinnell and customer paperwork as required.
• Manage and schedule daily, weekly and monthly contracted inspections as assigned to ensure monthly inspections are completed as scheduled for the calendar month.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum 6 - 8 years experience installing and programming Tyco or comparable product line
• Lead Installer, Lead Programmer, or similar level of experience
• NICET II or higher certification preferred
• Valid driver's license
• Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
• Ability to operate hand and power tools.
• Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb ladder.
• Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
• Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.