Overview ABOUT ALLIEDBARTON SECURITY SERVICES
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. AlliedBarton provides superior security officer services to protect people, homes and businesses. The most honored security services provider, AlliedBarton consistently delivers exceptional service which creates a differentiated experience for clients and the people they serve. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957. Job Description Respond to
: All emergency fire and security alarms, medical emergencies, haz mat incidents, and requests for service. Fire operations
: Building inspections, fire extinguisher inspection and maintenance, inspection and testing fire systems, approve welding operations (hot work permits), fire hydrant testing, PA system testing, Fire engine operations, minor vehicle maintenance, water leaks. Basic Job Responsibilities:
Items to be inspected by the Fire Protection Specialist
- Inspect Weekly - public areas, hallways, stairwells, assembly areas, meeting rooms, cafeterias, coffee shops and kitchens, industrial areas, garage and health facility.
- Inspect Quarterly - All offices and work areas.
- Inspect Daily - All graphic annunciator panels & network fire alarm systems, stairwell exits and follows the techniques as prescribed in post orders.
- Assist the Site Focal with emergency training for "floor wardens".
- Participate in Fire and Life Safety systems testing, to include month end testing,
scheduled weekly and daily testing, acceptance testing, for new systems and
testing of repaired or upgraded systems to ensure that they function to meet the
design specification and are code compliant.
- Assist in investigations of safety and fire incidents and prepare USIR reports after each incident.
- Assist in Fire and Life Safety training for new security officers.
- Prepare and submit reports on results of the various inspections and tests as
- Assist in coordinating and conducting Emergency Evacuation/Shelter-In-Place Emergency & Fire Safety Plan.
- Perform such other duties as required by the site focal.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS IN PUBLIC AREAS
- STROBES/SPEAKERS, FIRE BELLS AND PULL STATIONS
- HEAT AND SMOKE DETECTORS
- ELECTRICAL/TELEPHONE/NCR CLOSETS
- PUBLIC ASSEMBLY AREAS
- INDUSTRIAL AREAS
- WORK SPACE
- SPRINKLER SYSTEM AND FIRE PUMP
- Wildland certifications: s-110, s-130, s-190
- Experience in working with Fire Life Safety and Security Monitoring Systems
- Hazardous Materials certifications: First Responder Operations (FRO) within a year / Hazwoper
- Operational certification
- CPR (Health Care Provider)
- Valid Drivers License
- Guard Card
- Bloodborn Pathogens
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze problems; identify problems and provide clear concise solutions
- Be self-motivated and possess a strong initiative and follow through ability.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as working independently
- Must be a team player and responsive to the needs of the other team members of the Security Management Team and the operational needs, goals and objectives of GSDCS
- Be competent in the use of all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Key Competencies: Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Drive for Results, Building Effective and Performing Teams, Learning on the Fly.
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiate AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture helps our employees grow personally and professionally.
Are you daring enough to be a leader who sees challenges as an adventure? Embark upon an exciting career journey and Dare to be GREAT
! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us!
For additional information, please visit our website at www.AlliedBarton.com . Requisition ID
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.