Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Fire Protection Technician in Charleston, WV!! Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on...Qualifications: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Dismantles extinguisher and examines tubings, horns, head gaskets, cutter discs, and other parts for defects.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts
- Cleans extinguishers and recharges them
- Tests extinguishers for conformity with legal specifications
- Performs routine maintenance on recharge equipment
- Read and analyze mechanical and electronic scale readings
- May install cabinets and brackets to hold extinguishers
- May sell fire extinguishers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 1 or 2 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities
- Ability to work in environments being exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or outside weather conditions
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.