Johnson Controls is a recognized leader in the manufacture, sales, and service of state-of-the-art monitor and control systems for fire alarm, security, integrated systems and sprinklers systems. Johnson Controls creates innovative, high quality solutions that meet customer needs into the future. Position Summary:
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Sprinkler Service Sales Representative to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of Fire Sprinkler service offerings to various customers and end users within assigned territory and accounts. Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Experience:
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of new construction and service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
- Familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 standards and local codes.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers, general contractors and end users.
- Estimate small projects including day-works as required.
- Ability to build new business associations / relationships and grow the Sprinkler Service Business.
- Minimum 2 years' Sales experience in the Fire Safety/Sprinkler industry preferred or a strong technical sales background in a similar industry.
- Or a strong technical background in the industry as a Sprinkler Systems Technician
- Previous sprinkler design experience, including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations preferred.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems preferred.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and organize work.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Window / Office 2007.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability & willingness to work as a team player; must be able to work well with others.
3243 Sunset Blvd
West Columbia, SC 29169
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.