Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Position Summary:
Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Sprinkler life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. Perform inspection/testing of wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge fire sprinkler systems as well as private yard fire hydrants. Conduct annual performance flow tests on fire pumps (diesel and electric). Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers, Smartphone, and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer and hand-held mobile device (Smartphone). Perform minor repairs to systems being inspected. Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees. Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform inspection/testing of wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge fire sprinkler systems as well as private yard fire hydrants.
• Conduct annual performance flow tests on fire pumps (diesel and electric).
• Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers, Smartphone, and/or hard copy.
• Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
• Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer and hand-held mobile device (Smartphone).
• Perform minor repairs to systems being inspected.
• Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees.
• Complete assigned inspections on time.
• Perform other duties as assigned Job Qualifications:Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- NICET Level II certification required.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler)
- 2-5 years documented experience in the install and / or testing of wet, dry, pre-action, deluge and fire pumps (diesel and electric) sprinkler systems
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs, schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs to be able to quote, sell, & perform the repairs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.