Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Fire Sprinkler Service Fitter - SimplexGrinnell (Wichita, KS) About the role:
- Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions. Contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
- Perform service and repairs on sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial and residential applications.
- These include but are not limited to wet (steel, copper and CPVC), dry, pre-action, deluge and fire pumps.
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, with strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements. And Able to Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation and perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to participate in an on call rotation schedule and overnight travel may be required.
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- 5 years of documented experience in Fire Sprinkler/Suppression industry performing service and repair to Sprinkler and Suppression systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- NICET Level II Certification in Water Based Systems.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Must maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Must adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.