Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Fire Sprinkler Systems Fitter/Foreman Installer - SimplexGrinnell Position Summary:
Job Qualifications: Skills:
- Fire Sprinkler Installation employees are responsible for the installation, service, and repair of fire protection systems
- Systems include: wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, and foam suppression systems; as well as fire pumps and backflow devices
- Installer III employees are also responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery, accurately forecasting installation hours, anticipating potential challenges, safety, and work with general contractors/owners to help deliver a great product and service.
- Properly securing all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
- 5 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems or equivalent mechanical background.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- NICET, RME-I, Backflow Certification is a plus
- Prior foreman or Lead experience is a plus
- Read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities
- Ability to work flexible hours, take on call and Service work responsibilities when required.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses required by National, State and Local codes.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.