What you will do
Who we look for
- This skilled position involves the programming, maintenance, trouble shooting and installation of fire alarm control system panels and suppression systems.
- Maintenance, trouble shooting, repair and installation of vehicle fire suppression systems.
- Typical skills include the Reprogram, or pre-tear out and then add-ons and rebuild system and certify systems.
- Organize and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
- Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Candidate must possess excellent written/verbal communication and outstanding customer service skills.
- Troubling shooting and repairing installed systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years documented experience with fire alarm, suppression and vehicle systems or related electronic building systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Basis mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- NICET Level II certification preferred.
- CCNA and A+ Network certifications a big plus.
- Certification with ANSUL Vehicle Systems.
- Mechanical and/or Welding experience.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.