What you will do
The primary role of the Suppression Sales Representative is to design fire alarm systems for SimplexGrinnell projects. Acting as a design lead on large complex multi-faceted projects and directing other members of the design team supporting these projects.
How you will do it
What we look for
- Field sales position responsible for selling suppression systems, products, and services to assigned customer base (including but not limited to kitchen hoods and other pre-engineered systems, Inergen, Co2, Sapphire, and other clean agent systems).
- Manage the entire sales process, from uncovering opportunity, developing solution/value proposition, preparing design, creating contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service through service delivery
- Work with other sales, technical, design engineering, service, support, and management to meet customer needs
- May specialize on project type, customer type (contractor/bid or end-user), or sales strategy (new or existing customers)
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings
- Close sales to meet or exceed sales plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan.
- Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sales.
- Arrange for and/or coordinate delivery and installation.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of additional sales.
- Perform periodic market investigations within as assigned territory to develop new applications; provide sales forecasting for assigned territory.
- Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that SimplexGrinnell is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Support the Service Department towards achieving customer excellence, as well as working with other departments to generate leads for service or equipment / device upgrades.
- Associates degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience in the fire suppression business preferred
- 1-3 Years of Sales Experience in a business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable or a recent college graduate with1-2 extra-curricular activities or internships with roles demonstrating entrepreneurial and/or leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with strong presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to persuade and close sales.
- Must have the ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process, disciplined to work with limited supervision, and work as port of a team.
- Ability to achieve sales quota, as well as implement service sales strategy to exceed goals.
- Ability to write sales plans.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to follow-up.
- Ability to make cold calls.
- Able to work accurately with numbers.
- MS office and internet skills a must.
- Experience with a CRM tool is a plus.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.