Firmware Developer Job Description
Intel is currently seeking Firmware and Embedded Software Design professionals to join a growing team working on next generation Solid State Disk (SSD) solutions within our Non-volatile Memory Solutions Group.
In this position you will join a fast paced team developing new, cutting-edge firmware for Intel® Solid State Drives (SSD). You will utilize and grow your experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, and product constraints, along with ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform. You will develop source code, review and maintain C/C . In addition, you will perform unit and system level test and verification, System C, Model sim SE Experience in low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture, and hardware design. You will gain experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe. The role also includes algorithm modeling, benchmarking, and implementation. The team utilizes the Agile development methodologies, therefore, you would be expected to work closely and communicate well with your team / organization.
Candidates should have strong expertise in one of the above listed disciplines, as well as the following traits:
- Strong problem-solving/debugging skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, self-directed and able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
Candidates must possess the below minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. Education:
Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering and at least 7 years of relevant experience. Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience programming in C, C
- Minimum of 3 years' experience using scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience developing unit tests for code quality validation.
Inside this Business Group
- Minimum of 1 years' experience with Embedded firmware, real-time operating system RTOS, and HW/SW interactions.
- Firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool-chains.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Very good teamwork and communication skills.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.