Firmware Development Engineer Job Description
We are looking for engineers at ALL
levels that are excited to be part of one of Intel's fast growing teams, NSG Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group, and passionate to work on industry changing memory technologies. Intel technology provides amazing user experiences across many devices. As a Firmware Engineer in NSG Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group you will develop/test the firmware that controls Intel's cutting edge SSD's Solid State Drives. You will collaborate with hardware design engineers to define the product feature set and work within a product development team to deliver firmware that meets or exceeds product requirements. This position gives you the opportunity to be part of one of Intel's fastest growing teams and enables you to work on industry changing memory technologies. In this role your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Low level source code development, review and maintenance.
- Unit and system level test and verification.
- Lead and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Support validation and integration efforts through debug and technical supportThe ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with architecture, validation, manufacturing, and other disciplines.
- Good analytical, integration, support, and debugging skills.
- Proactive approach to work and communicationQualifications Education:
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science degree with at least 1 years additional experience or a Master of Science degree with at least 0 years additional experience, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Minimum requirements:
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in C, C programming skills on embedded RISC microprocessors in windows development environments
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Minimum of 1 years of experience with embedded firmware, real-time operating system RTOS, and HW/SW interactions
Inside this Business Group
- Developing unit tests for code quality validation
- Firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool chains.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Understanding of data manipulation and memory-management algorithms in flash memories.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers
- Industry experience in storage protocols SATA, SAS, or PCIe
- Exposure to commercial product development/validation environment
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.