We are looking for Firmware Engineers excited to be part of one of Intel's fast growing teams, NSG (Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group), and passionate to work on industry changing memory technologies. As a Firmware Engineer in NSG you will develop/test the firmware that controls Intel's cutting edge SSD's (Solid State Drives). You will collaborate with hardware design engineers to define the product feature set and work within a product development team to deliver firmware that meets or exceeds product requirements.
In this role your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Low level source code development, review and maintenance.
- Unit and system level test and verification.
- Lead and participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Support validation and integration efforts through debug and technical support.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with architecture, validation, manufacturing, and other disciplines.
- Good analytical, integration, support, and debugging skills.
- Proactive approach to work and communication
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science degree with at least 3 years additional experience or a Master of Science degree with at least 2 years additional experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in C, C programming skills in an embedded environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with embedded firmware, real-time operating system (RTOS), and HW/SW interactions.
- Experience with firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool chains.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C.
- Experience developing unit tests for code quality validation
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Understanding of data manipulation and memory-management algorithms in flash memories.
- Industry experience in storage protocols (PCIe, SATA, SAS)
- Exposure to commercial product development/validation environment.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.