Firmware Engineer Job Description
We are seeking a self-motivated firmware engineer to join a growing team of SSD developers who focus on moving Intel's NAND & SSD technologies into new market segments. The Firmware engineer will be responsible for developing all FW features to build a high quality client SSD. Challenges include power / performance optimization, media management, security features enabling, front end protocol optimization etc. An SSD firmware engineer in this group will be involved in numerous activities including contributing to the embedded architecture and design, hardware interface programming, algorithm design/implementation and custom customer feature implementation. Additionally this role may involve engaging with a third party team to develop key HW and FW collateral. The tasks in this space will also require reviewing code from other sources, quickly understanding the FW architecture, partitioning it cleanly for future enhancement and driving a path for adding new capabilities in a modular fashion. Product requirements evolve quickly as SSDs gain market share, so new and creative solutions are demanded on a regular basis of our engineers to meet the customer requirements or showcase new SSD capabilities. Our team is focused on building SSDs that add renewed and differentiated value to the PC platform in market segments that are early adopters of SSD products. Engineers are responsible for design, source code development, review and maintenance, unit and system level test/verification and release of the entire SSD firmware stack.Qualifications Education:
You must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's with 4 years of experience in embedded systems development or Master's 2 years of experience of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field. Minimum requirements:
- 4 years in design and C/C programming skills.
- 2 years of experience in implementing firmware for storage devices (SSDs, HDDs etc.)
- 2 years of experience developing FW / SW for real time operating systems including task-switching, deadlocks, and resource management issues.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a diverse team environment and with others in cross-site organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, diagnose root cause, and apply corrective actions.
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of multitasking, event driven real-time firmware using C or C .
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe.
- Experience developing security focused firmware a plus e.g. public key exchange algorithms, TLS stack, etc.
- Experience of ARM or equivalent processors.
- Experience optimizing firmware/software to meet performance metrics.
- Experience in system-level debugging skills.
- Knowledge of security protocols like Opal, eDrive and other TCG standard
- Detailed technical knowledge on security firmware implementation including encryption, public key management and secure communication protocols.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.