State Street's Business Control function focuses on mitigating risk from within the first line of defense through control monitoring and enhancement. The successful candidate will report to the Head of the Controls Assurance Group and will liaise on a regular basis with the Business Controls Assurance Teams Enterprise Risk Management Compliance and Audit thereby complementing and building on the control and risk infrastructure already in place.
• Re-enforce an inherent culture of accountability and ownership for implementation and execution of controls across all levels and functions within the organization
• Execute methodology for the scoping planning and execution of first line of defense assurance activities on central business processes (this includes controls based testing collaboratively working with management to implement supervisory controls data analysis and substantive testing).
• Identify control and process improvements that are operationally feasible and appropriately mitigate the risk.
• Provide direction and leadership to the business units and support functions on elements of policies impacting the First Line of Defense and implementing a sound internal control environment
• Transfer knowledge of controls and testing and first line of defense principles to others in the organization
• Build strong relationships with other teams including Compliance Risk Audit Legal and business colleagues
• BS required; CPA preferred
• 4+ years public accounting or audit experience
• Knowledgeable about processes risks and controls/controls design
• Knowledgeable about the COSO 2013 Framework
• Strong written communication skills
• Strong verbal communication influencing and collaboration skills
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.