Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Global Operations Risk and Control group is part of the 1 st Line of Defense framework for Global Operations. The team is responsible for designing/developing/implementing/refining methods that identify, assess, manage and control key operational risks. The group will work closely with the COE and Shared Services leads to establish a risk aware culture, tone and focus within Global Ops. This position will require ongoing interaction and collaboration with the COEs and Shared Service groups as well as with multiple teams that are engaged in the risk space including Central Metrics, ERM, Compliance, BU Risk and Audit teams, Internal Audit, to ensure complimentary and effective risk mitigation practices and results.
- Act as independent unit within Global Ops to ensure an operational risk framework is integrated and customized as needed for each Global Ops COE and Shared Service.
- Participate in the design and implementation of methodologies and processes to assess operational risks and will include: Design/control operational risk and control testing, evaluating/testing controls, adherence to guidelines, procedures, and assessing framework for making risk based decisions.
- Develop capabilities to track key risk activities and assess impacts of measures introduced to mitigate.
- Conduct trend analysis, KRIs, losses, near misses, root causes, etc.
- Support and provide risk input into Global Ops projects, services, new business, NBPRA's
- Work closely with internal business partners from both an operational and strategic perspective to identify and maximize best risk practices, to improve reporting processes, ensure effective risk coverage (and no duplication of efforts), to enable the workforce to risk effectively advance their processes.
- Work with ERM, Compliance & Global Ops Training team to ensure appropriate Risk Training programs in place.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of financial services experience. Operational and/or audit/control background and knowledge of Global Operations and/or other State Street business units a plus.
- Possesses the ability to support the implementation and ongoing refinement of a risk assessment framework, operational practices, and governance structure within Global Operations that collaborates closely with COEs and Shared Services to ensure we are maximizing our effectiveness in controlling key operational risks.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral) as this position may require interactions with all level s of management within Global Ops and throughout the organization.
- Has a risk and audit control skills temperament, emerging project management skills and an understanding of process analysis
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details. Must be data driven and see metrics/trending as key tools in the risk and incident management process
- Ability to assess and determine acceptable levels of risk within a service or process. Ability to collaborate with COEs on effective risk mitigation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to the COEs with respect to risk management policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Self-motivated individual who enjoys undertaking challenges, and can assimilate information quickly in a complex and changing environment.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.